photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, August 23, 2010

Today I’m Wearing: Olivia Palermo for Vogue UK

olivia vogue uk

After my recent post, “Inspired By: Olivia Palermo’s Fall Style", a sweet reader alerted me to the fact that earlier this year, Olivia had participated in Vogue UK’s brilliant “Today I’m wearing…” series. The folks at Vogue UK hand-pick a young style icon to share her outfits throughout a given month. Past participants include Coco Rocha, Julia Roitfeld, and Alexa Chung. Olivia was a wonderful candidate for the series given her impeccable style. I have to admit that I was a little surprised to see how she mixed high and low pieces throughout her wardrobe for the month of April. Seeing that she actually owns a few affordable pieces inspired me even more!

Though her outfits were selected in the spring, many of them could easily work as the summer comes to a close and we ease into the fall. Well, as you all ease into the fall. We still have a while before it cools down in Texas! In the meantime, take a look at some of my favorite outfits from Olivia’s “Today I’m wearing” feature, complete with her own descriptions of each ensemble.

{“Today I am wearing a Topshop skirt and shoes with a necklace by Ann Taylor and a blouse I bought in a small boutique in the East Village years ago. My bag is the Mulberry Alexa.”}

{“These are Rebecca Taylor pants with a Topshop jacket, a Max Studio top and a vintage belt. My shoes are Christian Louboutin, my bracelet is Swarovski and the bag is Hermes.”}

{“My jacket, jeans and shoes are all from Topshop and I'm wearing them with a T-shirt by Rebecca Taylor. I'm carrying my Hermes Birkin bag and wearing a Rolex watch.”}

{“Today I have on a shirt from Comptoir des Cottoniers with shorts (I'm not sure where they are from!), gold flats from French Sole and a YSL bag.”}

{“This is a vintage skirt with a Comptoir des Cottoniers top and Kurt Geiger shoes. Accessories-wise I am wearing a Lia Sophia necklace and a vintage bracelet with my Mulberry Alexa.”}

{“Today I'm wearing... a black suspender skirt by Club Monaco, shoes by Charlotte Olympia, a Cos sweater, a blouse by Rebecca Taylor, a Chanel bag and a vintage bracelet.”}

{“Today I'm wearing a BCBG dress with a Stuart Weitzman handbag. My cuff and one of my necklaces are vintage, the other is by Lulu Frost, and my tights are from Topshop.”}

{“I've saved my favorite young designer for my last outfit. My dress is by Prabal Gurung who is brilliant. He blends classic, elegant styles with a modern sensibility. My shoes are by Charlotte Olympia, my bag is from Zara and my bracelets are by Swarovski and Noir Jewelery.”}

 

Image Credit: Vogue UK

20 comments:

Kate {domestikatedlife} said...

Oh man, I love everything she wears!! She's not too nice on The City, but the girl knows how to style an outfit.

Kate at Dream To Life said...

Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous!

xo,
k

Wallpaper said...

I love her style sooo much!! Yes she seems a bit nasty on The City, but I am sure that has a lot to do with editing... I am off to check out the rest of the pictures from Vogue.com, thanks for this great post!!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

fun! i also blogged about it :) She has great style!

Creategirl said...

fantastic post! I love this project and her style is impeccable! I love how she mixes high and low pieces!

Jen Laceda | Milk Guides said...

Are the last 2 photos YOU? You look like a movie star!!! And I adore that Prabal Gurung dress!! Where did you get that? Does Prabal have a store/online shop/website?

Samantha Hutchinson said...

she has the greatest style...

love all her accessories!

Julie said...

She's such a weenie on the Hills, but oh, what style that girl has! Perfectly feminine and masculine - so impeccably styled every time.

Triple Crème Decadence said...

Love the post!

Olivia is definitely my style icon! :)

Unknown said...

Jen, what a compliment! I wish it were me, but it's Olivia. :)

Stephanie Sabbe said...

I LOVE her fashion sense! I mental note every outfit. Thanks for the heads up!

Lindsay said...

She has fantastic style... no doubt about it!

Lindsay @ A Design Story

Meg said...

Gorgeous! I need to work on my wardrobe after seeing these...

bluehydrangea said...

Dang! That girl's got style. I have several of her outfits saved in my favorites file. Thanks for some new material.

Sarah said...

I love this, I was only pooring over Olivia style images yesterday. She really does have impeccable style, shame she has such issue with people in general unless you are a top fashion designer!!

Sketch42 said...

Im actually shocked at how much she loves top shop and how she mixes high/low. She always looks so rich and expensive!

Unknown said...

Sketch, I was super surprised by that, too!

Anonymous said...

her style is so amazing. like probably one of the chicest women. new years resolution..dress like miss palermo!

Sabrina said...

I absolutely love her feminine, sweet yet sophisticated style. And I oh so wish, that her personality in real life (hoping The City is not as real as they want it to be) is just as sweet as the clothes she wear.

hailey said...

she really does have great style. so put together. who couldn't find inspiration in her outfits? she seems to be able to put together those feminine, and sophisticated looks that come across completely effortless.