photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Currently Loving: Kimberly Ayres’ Modern Chic Style

Kimberly Ayres is a brilliant interior designer based in San Francisco. She also happens to own Kimberly Ayres Home, an interior design studio and home furnishings boutique. Kimberly was lauded as one of the Top Ten Young Designers to Watch in 2009 by Domino magazine and has been featured in several high-profile publications. Personally, I love her work because it combines so many of my favorite elements:bright and elegant colors, bold prints, and timeless furnishings with a modern, glamorous twist. These elements are what make a space feel completely classic. Let’s not forget, classic and traditional are not necessarily synonymous. While there are traditional elements present in Kimberly’s work, every room feels fresh and exciting.

{The color of these walls is pure perfection! Any idea what it is? It looks like the perfect combination of grey and mocha. Notice how each element within the room could fit into a completely different category: industrial, mid-century, traditional, yet it all works so well together.}

{I love this combination of gold and icy, pale blue. So glamorous! Kimberly will be having a Tastemaker Tag Sale on One Kings Lane this weekend. She sent me a sneak peek and some similar pillows will be available along with many fabulous items.}

{This gorgeous dining room features so many elements that I love: bamboo Chippendale chairs, a beautiful table with clean lines, the coral chandelier, and zebra rug. I think these items have gone beyond the realm of being trendy and at this point can be considered classic design elements.}

{This little study looks so luxurious. The color palette is so rich. Both the gorgeous desk and lamp will be available at Kimberly’s Tastemaker Tag Sale this weekend!}

{Is this not the most glamorous utility room you’ve ever seen? The color palette and design elements are gorgeous! Be sure to check out the ceiling.}

{I love the California vibe of this room. You have bright, yet chic colors and furnishings that could as easily pass for vintage. I think I may be living in the wrong state. My aesthetic is much more “California” than “Texas”.}

{This room is decidedly more traditional than the others, yet it maintains a modern feeling. Of course, I love the La Fiorentina pillows!}

{This classic kitchen is given a modern touch through several elements including the shape of the hood, the plain, blocked edging of the marble, and the beautiful blue subway tile. I also love that she used two lanterns over the island.}

 

If you are a fan of Kimberly’s work and would like to infuse some of her style into your own home, be sure not to miss her Tastemaker Tag Sale on One Kings Lane this weekend!

17 comments:

Laura Trevey said...

Love the sweet yellows...

Anonymous said...

That dining room is so much fun! The study is one of my favorites... the fact that her house is situated in San Fran makes it all that much better! Great house in a great city! xo

Julie said...

To die for. So many of those images are my favorites. I will be stalking OKL this weekend...the pillows and desk!

autumn said...

thanks for sharing these gorgeous images! i love her bold use of color. it's whimsical and sophisticated and FUN.

Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

Wow!! Her style is incredible!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! It's such a happy house- the yellow is perfect.

YELENA STARIKOVA said...

Beautiful!)
allglamthings.blogspot.com

Meg said...

I LOVE it. She has great taste and style.

Sarah's Fab Day said...

I always really enjoy looking at her work. Her color choices are always spot on.

Briar Oak said...

Wow, I love every room. It is modern yet classic. Thanks for sharing!

bluehydrangea said...

That yellow and blue bedroom is one of my all time favorites! Loved seeing more of her work...thanks!

La Boheme said...

Her color combinations are beautiful. The utility room? Wow! xoxo

Lonely Wife Project said...

I love the combination of yellow and that modern Moraccon print. And that utility room has me speechless!

Creategirl said...

Wow I love her style! Is that grasscloth in the office? Just perfect!dectr

Milk and Honey Home said...

Even though this isn't my aesthetic, I appreciate this style and can see her craftsmanship! I love her bold combinations of fabrics and the richness of her rooms. That image with the blue zebra wall treatment has sure been around blogland!

Gretchen said...

Really liked the mango umbrella wallpaper with the blue horizontal striped curtains. Agree that it resonates a"California Sensitivity."

Gretchen www.langnerdzign.com

alison giese Interiors said...

Style to the Nines!