photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Champalimaud at The Carlyle Hotel

carlyle3

Alexandra Champalimaud and her team are responsible for designing some of the most stylish and revered hotels in the world. While browsing the Champalimaud portfolio the other day, I completely fell in love with the luxurious suites they designed for The Carlyle Hotel in New York. The celebrated hotel is somewhat of an institution and a favorite of celebrities and high-profile personalities. Champalimaud created bespoke interiors for suites 3001, 1511, 507, 1207, and The Royal Suite, many of which are often used as long-term residences by celebrities visiting or working in New York. The suites are exuberantly chic. While completely tasteful, there is nothing muted about them. They are beautiful, glamorous, and evocative of Hollywood’s golden age while maintaining a New York sensibility.

carlyle

{Couldn’t you picture this stunning room in a classic movie from the 1950s?}

carlyle2 {The color palette is so rich and beautiful.}

carlyle5 {This room features the combination of charcoal and saffron that I am loving so much right now. How about that view?}

carlyle4

{I love this room. The addition of a dresser and a proper closet makes it feel less like a hotel room and more like home. How beautiful is the lacquered dresser, by the way? I even like the look of the doors.}

carlyle6 {While classic and understated, this room features several glamorous elements like the Greek key bench at the foot of the bed, the sumptuous charcoal and rust pillows, the lovely drapes, and abstract art.}

 

What type of hotel are you most drawn to: traditional, ultra modern, or classic with a twist, like these suites at The Carlyle?

 

Image Credit: Champalimaud Design

9 comments:

Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

Ahhh it's so fabulous!! That is where Pete and I are staying for our honeymoon! I am so excited now!

Lissa Pierce said...

I always enjoy hotel interiors that are classic with a twist. And Champalimaud always does amazing work!

Samantha Hutchinson said...

wow, to die for! Love the living room...

Visual Vamp said...

I always wanted to live at The Carlyle!
The first photos remind me of my living room colors!
xo xo

Jami - XOimagine said...

Totally Fabulous! And I can see you sitting in all of them! :)

xo - jami
i m a g i n e

Carmen said...

Stunning!

Anonymous said...

wow! truly captivating and mesmerizing. so in love with the second and third image/room. love the colors. i am also drawn to hotel such as these for decor inspirations.

thanks for sharing paloma

^-^

Diana said...

I must agree the palette used for these stunning hotel rooms is yummy. The rooms are so very warm and welcoming. Thanks for sharing.
Diana

Triple Crème Decadence said...

I absolutely love the orange and black!!!

I love your blog! It's one of my favorites. :)

Tiffany