photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Perfect Match: Elle Décor meets Amanda Wakeley Fall 2010

  elle title

elle1 {Left:Tufted Sofa and Cowhide Rug from Anne Coyle. How fabulous is the 1960s lucite and brass coffee table? I love that various styles of chairs were chosen for this room. Right: A Gorgeous Goddess Gown by Wakely in a Stunning Color}

 Amanda Wakeley’s Fall 2010 collection was among my favorites from London Fashion Week. I love the flowy, metallic fabrics, feminine silhouettes, and minimal color palette. The collection is completely luxurious and glamorous while maintaining a somewhat understated elegant quality. Wakeley’s collection evoked the same feelings in me as the amazing Chicago home of Oprah Producer, Elle Rakieten which was designed by BOTH Nate Berkus and Anne Coyle (she and Elle are BFFs) and is featured in the March issue of ELLE DECOR. Can you say dream team? Both this gorgeous apartment which is housed in a 1920s Beaux-Arts building and Wakeley’s glamorous collection speak to the modern woman. They are elegant, chic, and modern all at once.

elle description elle2 {Left: A Chic Little Number by Wakeley Right: The living room is filled with beautiful European antiques and vintage pieces such as the Louis Philippe Mirror circa 1840 and the vintage white Italian armchair.}

elle3

{Left: Rakieten’s library might just be my favorite room at the moment! I love the dark walls painted in Farrow & Ball’s Off Black and the colorful accents like the Madeline Weinrib ikat pillow. The collection of artwork is fabulous! Right: I could picture myself wearing this dress for so many things. I love the fit, the gorgeous, shimmery quality of the fabric, and how great it looks paired with tights and an edgy shoe. }

elle4

{Left: This head-to-toe black outfit works would transition beautifully from day to night. Love it!  Right: I can’t think of a single woman who wouldn’t love to have this swoon-worthy dressing room. It is INSANE! I adore the vintage ostrich egg lamps. The vintage Bagues chandelier and Poillerat-style table from JF Chen are pretty darn beautiful, too.}

elle6

{Left: I would love to have this work space! I can picture myself constantly changing up the huge inspiration board. The lighting fixture is gorgeous and of course, I love the vintage Chippendale chairs. Right: The all-over use of this shimmery, metallic fabric isn’t for the faint at heart, but looks fierce if you can pull off the look. The cape lends some sophistication to the ensemble.}

 

Image Credits: Coutorture and William Waldron for ELLE DECOR

9 comments:

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

I want to move into room #1 and lounge in design #2! STUNNING!

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

Oh I love all those rooms! I can't even choose a favorite. Well done!

Alaina

Anonymous said...

I keep seeing that workspace this week...and I've been itching to redo mine. Must be a sign :) Love the Perfect Matches. Great post!

ashlina {the decorista} said...

loving those pairings.....

whole lot of gorgeousness...

xo

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Great post! I am in love with the last 2 images- that dressing room/closet and desk/office- wow!! :)

Averill said...

What a creative pairing, Paloma! And you're so right, there's something very classic (very Chicago) about Amanda's collection. It's very urban, but a bit softer and more attainable than what I envision for NYC -- just like Rakieten's apartment!

Unknown said...

Averill, you described it better than I did! I love it! Glad you liked the combination. :)

Emily A. Clark said...

What a fun post. And, I could live in that dressing room!

Celeste said...

Gorgeous! I love the second pair.