photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, February 1, 2010

The Loveliest Words

JE TAIME (I LOVE YOU) Romantic French Print in Classic Black and White - 8x10 inches
I couldn’t be happier to have the long, cold month of January behind us. On to the short month of February, which in Houston, serves as the gateway to Spring. I think part of me prefers February to January because it feels like we have made some headway into the year, plus there’s Valentine’s Day. While some people could take or leave Valentine’s Day, I happen to love it because I am a romantic at heart. I love the whimsy surrounding the holiday, as well as the idea of taking the time and making a gesture, no matter how small to tell your special someone how much you love them.


If you don’t have a special someone right now, Valentine’s Day is also a great excuse for a chick flick marathon. Whatever your feelings on this most beloved of commercialized holidays, I am sure you will love these gorgeous prints by The Love Shop. I am not sure what is more beautiful, the typography or the words themselves.
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL (8x10 inch Art Print in French Cream and Black)
MR. DARCY quote (8x10 inch print in Mink Brown)
LIMITED EDITION / LOVE IS THE NEW BLACK
LOVE IS THE KEY (8x10 inch Modern Fine Art Print)
THE WORLD IS YOUR OYSTER
MR. DARCY quote (8x10 inch print in Classic Black and White)
YOU ARE LOVE (16x20 inch Archival Art Poster Print in Pretty Pink)
LOVE ME TIL MY HEART STOPS - 8x10 Modern Art Print in Silver Gray
Image Credit: The Love Shop

17 comments:

Chic Coles said...

Just in time for Valentines Day!

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

TWO Mr. Darcy quotes in one post?!? Too good to be true.

Alaina

Lynett said...

That last one just kills me!dis

Averill said...

I tend to dismiss Valentine's Day as a hallmark holiday and am generally not especially romantic, but these sentiments are lovely and, when I stop to think about it, remind me of how very lucky I am that I have Dave.

LindsB said...

So glad it is February already- come on Spring...come on Spring!

this is cyclogenesis said...

Oh Mr. Darcy, dreamiest of all fictional dudes...suck it, Edward Cullent.

Unknown said...

These are great! For us here in NY, March is really the gateway to Spring, but I never thought of it that way...until now!
Thanks.

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

Such beautiful posters! Plus, you have a lovely way with words. I adore your writing :) Hope your week is off to a great start!

xo,
Crystal

Kate Riley said...

Oh, the words of Mr. Darcy? Be still my heart. I LOVE those.

Thanks so much for sharing !

Kate

Laura Trevey said...

Yay for February and Valentines Day! It brings out the best in us :)

xoxo Laura

Adriene Rathbun said...

Love those! Thanks for posting. Just might have to get one.

Gwen Driscoll said...

I love Valentine's Day too. Thanks for the great quotes. I will do something interesting with them for my 2 special Valentine's. Thanks. Hope you are well

G

The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Beautiful thoughts, each one and I'm absolutely with you about preferring February to January. I'm loving that we've made it.

Anonymous said...

so cool, I needed to see these today... especially The World Is Your Oyster. I'm going through a lot career-wise and it was the boost I needed! :)

Unknown said...

Averill, that is exactly how I feel.

corksandcaftans, I have been through that before. Just have faith that better things are yet to come. I am a firm believer in the power of positive thinking. Keep looking for inspiration and set your sights firmly on your goals! All the best to you! xoxo

Sarah Ring said...

I *love* these!

Kendall said...

Wonderful post! I'm going to be buying the "You've betwitched me" Mr. Darcy quote...it makes me think of Colin Firth :)