photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

10 Things I Can’t Live Without: Brooklyn Limestone

This week, we have the uber-talented, do-it-yourselfer extraordinaire, Brooklyn Limestone joining us for the “10 Things I Can’t Live Without” series. Frequently sharing the projects she has completed around her limestone townhouse in Brooklyn, Ms. BL gives her readers glimpses into her lovely life. Every party she has ever featured has been so inspiring. She is such a thoughtful and detail-oriented hostess. And don’t even get me started on her Halloween decorations. She could definitely give Martha a run for her money!

brooklynlimestone10thingsicantlivewithout

1. Softlips Chapstick: Its my crack. I go through tubes and tubes of the stuff. My husband fills my stocking with it every Christmas. Flavor of choice is cherry (raspberry falling to a very distant second).

2. NYC Transit Metrocard: The subway is my only independent means of transport (I don't drive.)

3. Ice Cream: Creamy goodness, food of the gods. Not just for summer.

4. Television: Yea, that's right, I said it. I refuse to buy into the hype that television is bad for me. It makes me laugh, makes me cry, teaches me stuff I'd never know otherwise.

5. Bvlgari Au the Vert Body Lotion: Ridiculously expensive, smells like a dream in a spring field.. The most expensive item you'll ever find in my medicine cabinet but so worth the splurge.

6. Spray Paint: The ultimate and cheapest transformation tool. Even the most ugly, impractical item can be elevated with the right color of spray paint.

7. The Internet: No surprise here - its changed my life by leaps and bounds. (Yes, I am old enough to remember living live without it!) Blogging, trip research, keeping in touch, shopping, find photos of bizarre skin diseases. Is there anything it can't do?

8. My Passport: They wouldn't let my wandering self in other countries without it, now would they?

9. A camera: Half the fun of experiencing something is getting to relive it later.

10. Old Fashioned Mail: As much as I love email and all the wonderful advances of communication technology, there is nothing quite like receiving a hand written letter or a wonderful package in the mail. I like sending them almost as much as I like receiving them. Thank you Mister Postman!

Thanks so much to the lovely Paloma for letting me play a round in this fun little game!

18 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Well, I love her blog! Her eye for attention to detail is truly outstanding. What a completely fun post...Janell

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Great list. She has a great blog - such a beautiful home and, yes, beautiful decorations!

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

Fun! Gonna go check out her blog! Love ice cream too! :)

Sarah Ring said...

Love this list and her blog!

vicki archer said...

A great list... xv.

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Love this list- such a New Yorkers :)

Going to see her blog...!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

fantastic, all the guests are always amazing

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

I love her blog, what makes her so great is that she is who she is, totally true to herself! Fun posting, one of my favorites!

Lauren said...

What a great list, really want to check that lotion out.

Lindsey Michelle said...

Great list Mrs. Limestone!
As much as I hate to admit it I'm with you on the TV. It helps me "zone out" at the end of a long day.

Thanks for sharing her list Paloma!

{ Lindsey }
greatfullday.blogspot.com

Renee said...

Thanks! That was fun! Love it all again!

Karena said...

I love these features ! it is so great for learning more about our fave blog friends!!
Karena

Heidi Lyn said...

Way to take a stand for T.V! I love it and in moderation it's the perfect way to unwind.

Punctuation Mark said...

I can't live without internet either... it's like air... have a nice weekend!

Ms. Bright said...

I've been looking forward to reading this! So fun!
Have a lovely weekend!

Freckles Chick said...

One of my favorites!! Mrs. L just exudes style. She even makes snail mail stylish! =]

M. Denise C. said...

Brooklyn Limestone rocks!! She inspires me so much!

M. Denise C. said...

Brooklyn Limestone rocks--she inspires me so much!