photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Lighting Featured in the Sex and the City Movie

In my last post, I mentioned that my husband was in charge of the Visual Comfort (Circa) lighting used in the Sex and the City Movie. It was so exciting to watch the movie with him because he was so proud! It is pretty surreal to know that he collaborated with the design team in terms of picking out certain pieces and that he physically touched them and voilá, now they are sitting pretty in those Manhattan apartments (sets) for everyone to see. Here are a few of the pieces that we recognized. I know that there were a few more, but I can't remember which ones they were. Oh well! I guess I'll have to go see the movie again. :)


We noticed the most pieces in Charlotte's apartment.






In Big's Gorgeous Apartment:





Studio Floor Lamp in Polished Nickel (They used a chocolate shade in the movie.)


In Carrie and Big's Park Avenue Penthouse:




Venetian Two Light Sconce featured in the living room of the Penthouse

11 comments:

Sheri said...

I FINALLY got to see this today. Soooo good! I was checking out all the lighting while watching it, too. I love the ring lamp.

Hey, and you are tagged!

Anonymous said...

I'm too blinded by Carrie's shoes to notice any lighting. LOL.

But seriously, how great for your husband to be part of such a cultural phenom. Amazing!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, thanks for sharing these with us. Your husband did a beautiful job. Have a lovely trip to Spain.

Anonymous said...

hello - do you know what floor lamp carrie had in her apartment once she re-decorated after moving back in? it had a drum shaped shade, and a wood stand... and the stand tapered from top to floor. very very mid-century. just wondering.

thanks!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a neat job! Did he snag you anything from the set, LOL.

mrsplainjane said...

I was totally noticing the lighting!! Esp. the sconces in their penthouse apartment. There was also a chandelier in someone's dining room- maybe Charlotte's?? that was beautiful. I think it's so awesome Fabian got to be a part of all that. :) :)

Topsy Turvy said...

Ooh, how exciting that your husband was involved w/the movie! I wish I'd known this when I saw it. (both times). Have a wonderful trip to Spain and takes lots of photos to share with us!

-Lana

Unknown said...

I would like to find photos of that big white penthouse that Carrie and Big went to in the beginning of the movie. THe apartment that he built her the huge white closet. Do you have any photos of this? Or know of any good websites that might have it. I loved that penthouse and the closet is to die for! Daisy~

Anonymous said...

I loved the chandelier in Charlotte's hallway, seen during the scene where Miranda confides in Charlotte that she said something to Big at the rehearsal dinner, and asks if it was the reason for the problem.

Do you know who makes/sells it? It had smooth crystal clear orbs hanging from each arm. I loved the look of it and haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Unknown said...

Hi, Anon. I watched the clip that you mentioned and unfortunately, that chandelier is one of the few pieces that is not from my husband's company. It's beautiful, but I'm not sure who makes it. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Oh well....But thanks for taking the time to watch the movie again, Paloma - and thanks for getting back to me so quickly!